Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy Chinese New Year.

Today we read from Moonbeams, Dumplings & Dragon Boats. I love this book, so if you don't have it, and you have some precious Chinese Children I highly suggest it. The book explains the Chinese holidays, craft ideas, recipes, and the fable that goes along with the holiday of why they celebrate it.
 
We made lanterns for the first time and had a blast. Most of them want to do double lantern's so I let them roll with that.
 
Gongxi Facai!!!!!!!!!!
 
 







2 comments:

Kelleyn Rothaermel said...

so fun! We still haven't had any Chinese food as I have been sick, but I plan on getting to that sometime this week. Love that book. My littles are two little for that book, but really like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Goldy-Luck-Three-Pandas-Natasha/dp/1580896529

Happy Chinese New Year!

Shay Ankerich said...

Super cute craft and kids and we LOVE that book!!! XOXO