Wednesday, January 21, 2015

School Days with My Five Blessings

 
I Love doing life and school with my children. I count it very much a blessing from the Lord. To watch light bulbs come on in their heads and the twinkle they get in their eyes when they have understood reading, or a new math concept, or really get a teaching from God's word. PURE JOY!!!!
 
Ethan has amazed me this year with his reading. I always find him tucked away reading a book these days. This in itself is a blessing since our boy struggled so long with reading. Now an avid reader. WOW! I caught him up the other night at 11:30 reading. He apologized and told me he didn't realize what time it was. How can I get mad at that. Our boy is on his 18th Chapter book this school year. This is just his personal reading. This mama is so happy for him, and proud of her son. Ethan also is excelling in Mandolin and is about to pass up his daddy's skills on these strings too. :)
 
Austin is my little professor absorbing all things knowledge in every subject. He LOVES to learn, but he tends to be quite the perfectionist. We are trying to teach that it is okay to make a mistake that that is how you learn. Austin is loving Piano and the challenge of his new Piano teacher Ms. Hannah. She is Amazing and pushes him and he is thriving. Austin is game for the challenge and his Piano has taken off. Austin also loves to build and create things out of Legos, Magformers, Blocks anything he can create he does.
 
Corbin my free and happy spirit always has a happy heart to learn and enjoys his Math. He is a little numbers boy and has the greatest memory I have seen. This boy is Auditory and retains very well this way, as long as his hands can stay busy. He also is excelling in Piano and Loves playing. He always looks forward to Mondays when he can show Ms. Hannah how hard he worked.
 
Cora is thriving in the homeschool routine. She loves waking up and knowing her day. This has been a great comfort to her feeling safe and loved. This month she has just blown my mind. She is thriving and working so hard doing her school. Cora loves to snuggle up daily when we do our Bible and Reading time for our Before Five in a Row. She works through her work boxes to build her skills with Color recognition (which she has them down now), Letter and Sound recognition, and Numbers. She loves all things crafty so that is added in our day too. What has amazed me is she is already narrating stories back to me, enjoying poetry and creating pictures to go along with the poems we read. She also has started to tell me a story about pictures we study and I write it down and put the date, so she can look back and she all she has accomplished in such a short time with her Forever Family.
 
Miss Mia is doing well and always has us laughing over something she said. Princess still loves being the center of attention, and we are trying to work on that. Mia Loves her school as she calls it. We are using BFIAR with her and Cora this year. Mia loves the stories, crafts, and her workboxes too. She has learned all her colors, most all her letters and sounds, and number recognition. Proud of my little tot that wants to be like Big Sister. Even though the girls have an age gap they are becoming such dear friends and sisters and it is a blessing to watch.
 
 
 
Corbin practicing piano

 
The Professor doing his Spanish
   
 
Princess crafting
  
 
 
The Reader snuggled up
 
 
Miss Cora Color sorting
 
 
 
Miss Cora doing her Math. So Proud of her.

4 comments:

Kelleyn Rothaermel said...

I would love to homeschool if I could get my children to cooperate. My son was just given a chance to homeschool via his high school and he declined. He wants to be around the other students he told me!

Leggio said...

Oh wow a high schooler. I have a few more years. You could so do it, it's honestly not as hard as people think.😉 how many kiddos do you have? Hope you are doing well.

Jenn said...

This post just warmed my heart!! What a house of blessings you have :)

Leggio said...

Hi Jenn, I hope yall are doing well. So glad you blog so I can see how much your precious girl is growing and thriving. She seems totally different from the scared little girl in China. God does such a work in their hearts.