Monday, August 11, 2014

More Schooling

 
We are 41 days into our new school year. Our new school year usually starts for us in June when everyone is getting out of school. We refresh and reevaluate what we used the year before and adjust schedule and keep on going. This year right before summer we had done our China unit study and then traveled to China to get our newest addition. That was Amazing experience for our boys that they will always remember. I Love making things come to life for them.
 
I am going to list our schooling material this year, mainly for me to look back and see what has worked for our family and to record our memories. Don't ever feel you need to use what I use. Every family is uniquely made and designed.
 
For Bible and this is new this year Proverbs People by Rick and Marilyn Boyer, and I read biographies about missionaries to the kids Ywam is where I get them and they are great stories.
 
For Math we use Math U See and have from the very beginning of homeschooling. My kiddos have such a good understanding of math.
 
For Spelling and this is new for us this year is Spelling You See, I will revisit this as we progress through and see how the boys spelling goes. I do love the copy work and dictation it uses to teach spelling.
 
For Science We use Christian Kids Explore Biology, last year we used the Earth and Space one. I LOVE this Science for my kids. Lot's of hands on and shorter lessons, vocabulary, and scripture memory too. And it encompasses writing assignments and such in it too.
 
For learning Cursive we use Classically Cursive, We are on the third one in this series and the big boys are writing and reading cursive well. Plan on starting Corbin soon.
 
For History we are using Beautiful Feet American History The Primer with Corbin and Intermediate with Austin and Ethan. This encompasses literature, research, verbal and written narration, vocabulary and scripture. It is awesome and I am so thankful to my friend Sharon for bringing this mama back to her roots. I love teaching using literature and am very familiar with Beautiful Feet books. We have used their Geography guides and they are great.
 
For the girls thanks to my Precious Friend again for introducing me to Before Five in a Row. They are loving rowing these books and getting so much out of the time with me reading and the little project we do.
 
For Spanish we use Rosetta Stone everyday
 
Also for Cora I do picture cards of things to help her with her language, and to build up her English vocabulary. We run through those everyday and it only takes about ten minutes.
 
Cora is also doing handwriting, and is doing well with letter recognition and sounds of letters.
 
And the hubby puts it  all in a neat schedule for me and it works. So thankful!!!!
 
 
 
Our nature hike for our Biome study with the Jordan family
 

 
This is Mia doing our project about what Jesse Bear ate that day.

 
Cora Coloring Red shirt and Blue pants to dress Jesse Bear

 
We rowed Jesse Bear What Will You Wear last week.

 
Cora's handwriting letter B's

 
Scratch Bears these were a hit!!!!!! Even with the boys.

 
Cora spent an hour on hers

 
Today We rowed The Little Rabbit and we sorted colors

 
And Put Sticker B's on Bunnies Cora likes Yellow

 
Mia is Purplicious today. :)
 

 
The Dudes in the Family. Love these boys!!!!!
 
 
Ethan proud of his narration about Leif Ericson

 
Austin's Narration

 
Corbin's Copy work and Color page for Eric the Red

 
Ethan's Narration

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

That explains why you haven't been around much. How awesome you homeschool.

Shay Ankerich said...

You are rockin it down there in TX!!! LOVE every single photo and don't give me too much credit~ you are awesome!!! XOXOXO