Monday, July 14, 2014

Joy in the Little Things

I don't want to live with regret as a mom. It is really hitting me to embrace each and every moment and find Joy. I mean real Joy in what the world sees as mundane like laundry, cooking dinner, bathing your little ones, tucking your kids in to bed, homeschooling and the list goes on. This is a season, one that goes by so fast. I want my kids to remember me being Joyful and snuggling up with them when they needed me to, and making messes because it is fun too.

Today was one of those days to find the Joy as we papered mache our Earth's for Science Project. Glue dripping down everyone's arms, and Mia having glue in between her little toes because she wanted to be a big girl and spilled glue everywhere.

And a brother who wanted to play beauty shop with the girls and paint their toes and put make-up on them.

 These are the moments that I never want to forget or miss the joy in this journey of Motherhood. Some may wonder why we would homeschool, why have five children, adopt and so on. We love it and feel totally blessed even in the craziness that is our family. It is all because of God that we find our JOY. Praying you find your Joy today.

A Joyful heart makes a cheerful face, But when the heart is sad, the spirit is broken. Proverbs 15:13

A Joyful heart is good medicine, But a broken spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22



 
Ummm Yes Beautiful Mess

 
Paper Mache drying so we can paint our Earth's

 
Big Brothers are the Best

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Yes, so hard to do at times, but so necessary. Today outside the YMCA was a quote that I thought was cool. It said,"Be the Rainbow in Someones Cloud."

Satan so wants us to focus on the negative. He wants to steal or Joy!

Shay Ankerich said...

You are awesome!!! Keep doing what you do and the kids are thriving!!! You are a brave soul to do that project. :) Not me. LOL Love you sweet friend and talk this afternoon.