Friday, June 6, 2014

Changsha Day and Guangzhou Medical Appointment

 
I know I haven't posted as much as the first time when we traveled for Mia. Changsha was pretty emotionally and physically draining for me. The orphanage visit was hard for this mamas heart and our little Cora is being s bit spicy with her mama.
 
I have been hit, screamed at, ran away from, and she flat out has thrown her self on the ground going limp and screaming fit. Trying to man handle a nine year old is s bit harder than a toddler. She naturally goes to Joe, but we are trying to acclimate her to me too and she is not a happy camper with it.
 
Yesterday I was holding her on my lap through one of her rages and she was screaming something over and over. Joe translated it onto his iPhone and she was calling me an SOB over and over.
 
I say this not to scare any of you from older child adoption, we know God has chosen us to be her parents and I am holding to that very ,very tightly right now. I share because it is hard and I have struggled these past couple of days with how much she verbalizes her dislike for me. But I know God redeems in huge ways and I will keep eyes on him every second, minute, hour and day. Adoption is such a spiritual battle and the enemy will try to discourage and put doubts, but my God is bigger.
 
Please continue to pray for her and our family. Today I see small glimpses of hope in her. Adoption is not for weenies for sure!!!!!
 
 
 
 
Park in Changsha

 
Daddy and his girls

 
Cora and our guide in Changsha Amy

 
Cora with mommy at medical exam

 
Cora with daddy at medical exam (see the difference)

 
Brave Girl

 
Christmas Merry all year round in China lol

3 comments:

Kelleyn Rothaermel said...

I can only imagine how emotionally draining the situation is right now. As you know though this a good sign as it means she was loved and knows how to love back. While it may not be in China, she will love her mama. She will love you fearlessly. So I am sending you my prayers that you can stay strong. Hang in there! Heavenly Father is mindful of what is going on and he will not give you more than you can handle. Oh, and they had these Santa signs up at the end of January and where playing Christmas music which I thought was totally hilarious given that the country is not Christian and I could probably say about 97% of the country has no idea what Christmas is or even understands the words to the songs being played.

Heather said...

Oh girl, you are on my heart ... continuing to pray for your and your precious family and all of the adjustment. Love from Wisconsin!

Cynthia In Denver said...

Just a thought to maybe try. If Cora called her nanny "mama", try going for "mommy" or something different.