Sunday, May 4, 2014

I have Peace

 
I have never shared my testimony on here, I guess someday I will. I grew up in what you would call an American Christian home. I went through the motions even getting baptized at 17,  while I was walking in sin. I know so ugly.
 
Good thing we have a redemptive Father who didn't give up on me. I can say that at 23 God smacked me right upside the head. I knew I wanted to passionately follow him for all the days of my life.
 
Fast forward  12 years later after my surrender ......For months he has been speaking Baptism to me, but my flesh was blowing it off (call it Pride). Today God spoke and it was very, very clear. Pride is keeping me from experiencing him completely and wholly. I love that our church always has extra towels just in case any one feels the spirit calling them to be baptized, because today I needed it.
 
God spoke!!!!!  At first again I tried to quench it, then my husband looks at me and says Amber you need to go. OKAY God I hear you. Then I stepped forward and back a couple times and started to cry. I walked quickly to my friend Candice our pastors wife and asked if Brian (Our Pastor) if he would baptize me.
 
The peace of Jesus overwhelmed me and filled my body. Thank you Jesus. You are alive and active and I want to live my life for you. Jesus you are precious to me. Thank you for what you did on the cross. Thank you for loving me through my pride.
 
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
 
 
 



2 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful obedience, friend. XO

Lindsey Houck said...

Yay! What a sweet SWEET surrender! I'm so thankful you did this! So beautiful!