Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Storm

As I look out my kitchen window I see a Texas Storm rolling in. I love watching the storms because I think of God and all his majesty when I see a storm, but do we see that when the storms of life hit us. Do we see all God's Majesty in them and how he is sanctifying us.
I write this not to accuse but in that to say our family is going through a storm, and right now I am not seeing what possible good can come from or through this. I am not seeing God's Majesty all I am seeing is the deep dark sin of a two year lie. My brother has been betrayed, my parents have been betrayed, our family has been betrayed. I can't quite go into details because I do not want to be slanderous...........though my flesh wants to shout it from the rooftops. I just don't see the beauty from these ashes. I am just being honest. Even though our family has started the steps to forgiveness, how do you trust someone again who you thought you knew and who professed to be a christian.

I have forgiven but it is hard to forget the lies and deceit this person has caused and the sadness they have brought to everyone in our family.

On another note our Precious baby girl has Pneumonia. :) and our youngest son Corbin has an ear infection. Our Pastor who we love and has such an anointing of the Holy Spirit resigned so we are looking for a new church again. When it rains it storms and I know the Lord will be Glorified through this time. I don't want yall to think I am complaining but trying to heal, and I know just putting these words down is healing for me. God is a good father and I will hold to that truth.

I know not all of you reading this may not be a Jesus Follower so my hope even when you see things not going my way that I am honest what my flesh feels, but in the end that you know that I love the Lord My God and don't want to bring disgrace to his name.

I just finished up reading 1 and 2nd Peter. I felt the Lord telling me to read it again. As I look over it again today I find Great comfort in his word right now. God knew what I needed and provided his perfect word for my comfort. I was angry and hurt and God knew this. I love him. What a perfect Father he is. I am so blessed to be his daughter.

Slaves submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God. But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. He committed no sin and no deceit was found in his mouth. When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead he entrusted to him who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepperd and Overseer of your souls. 1 Peter 2:18-25

Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For Whoever would love his life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech. He must turn from evil and do good: he must seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil. 1 Peter 3:-8-12

The verse above hit home as I spoke very harshly and was very angry towards the person who hurt our family. I sought her forgiveness and even forgave her which was VERY hard. I can't let this hinder my walk with my precious Daddy God. I know for now it will be a daily giving this over to him because I still find myself getting angry when something else comes up or out. I am trying and God is ministering to me though his word, my precious husband, and my sweet children.

One thing is for sure I have learned children are so very very loving and forgiving. My kids ages 10, 8, 6 and 2 have been ministering to me God's word and forgiveness. It has been neat to see and I am thankful to God for that.

I also want to tell my husband thank you so much for ministering to my family and to me and our kids. You are amazing and I am truly blessed to be married to you.





4 comments:

Jolene said...

I am so sorry to hear your family is weathering such a storm as this...our family is, too, but a different kind of storm. I will lift you up in prayer...your family is on the prayer list now!

I didn't realize how close together our children's ages are... 10,9,7 and 2 and adding 2 5 yr olds from China.

Paige said...

I'm so sorry your family is going through this. I certainly do not take your feelings as complaining, life is very hard sometimes, and we have to work through those feelings with Gid as you are doing. Hang in there, I'll be praying for you!

Alicia said...

Your words are not complaints, only truths. Christians are human and it is only by the grace of God that we have the ability to forgive where others can't. I love you sweet friend.

Candice said...

Father when the storm of the enemy rolls in, we pray the the rain of your spirit would come harder. Please bring healing and restoration to this sweet family!!

Amen