Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Little bit of Whimsy

I wanted a little bit of whimsy and creativity in this home of ours. Where my kids can express themselves and use the gifts God has given them. So I went out to the local Hobby Lobby and bought some Mason Jars, Hemp Rope, and Old Fashioned Tags and then I found this funky blue Milk Crate. I labeled all of the kids goodies Art Pencils, Paint Brushes, Beads, Jewels, Markers, Feathers, Buttons and Pipe Cleaners and put the jars all in the Milk Crate. Then I took Hemp and draped it across the corner of our ceiling and using clothes pins displayed some of their latest art. :)

All this started as I was thinking how next school year was going to look. There is going to be a lot of reading, snuggling and creativity. :) I have been trying to model our school around everyone else and it just doesn't work for us. I want to hone in on my kids gifts and run with it. I am really big on reading good literature to my kiddos, they can pick up a good vocabulary by being read too rich good books. Anywho.............I am sooooo excited about this year. I haven't felt so joyful about school in a long time. I also Love Love what I am using for Bible, and Science.

One thing God has really put on my heart is that I want my kids to be free in Jesus. Free to worship, Free to Dance like David, Free to Pray and lay hands on the sick. I want my kids to learn to be the hands and feet of Jesus. This is Joe and my heart too. To walk in closeness and in the Spirit with our Daddy God. I am just excited about it. I don't want to settle and I don't want my kids to settle either. I want them to learn to walk in the same power and closeness as the disciples healing, speaking prophecies, praying, dancing. Loving on God's Peeps.................... Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!




Here is the Milk Crate with my Jars and Art Goodies


The Art Corner I want to attach an industrial looking shelf to have art books and art paper.


Our Art Display. Hemp Rope and Clothes pins. :)


This is my next center, and industrial basket that is going to hold wooden blocks.

1 comment:

Candice said...

I love it!! I want to come and sit and create in your home!!