Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Few Days Home


Well we are still trying to find our new normal around here. This is our third day home...........I think I am finally over the jet lag. Baby girl is an awesome sleeper...............she takes naps and goes down all night for like 10 hours. We are blessed with her sleeping pattern. She is still crying alot during the day...........I know she is trying to adjust and figure our what is going on and who we are to her. She did reach for Joe in the Hong Kong airport which was a huge deal.

The boys are loving life with Mia.................wait until she is more mobile and gets into there toys. LOL

So what is Miss Mia doing now (Her special need was growth and developmental delays).......................

She can wave bye bye, say Dada, Mama, Uh Oh (and throw her hands up), she is walking with someone holding onto her hands, she can sit up great, scoot (not crawl but she can get where she wants to go), I gave her some baby food today and she ate it (we are having to start from scratch with her foods), she blows us kisses, and mimics all our facial expressions. We go to the International Adoption Doctor on the 19th, so I will update you when I have more on that.

If you could still keep us in your prayers as we transition and try to meet the needs of our daughter. Thanks so much for all the prayers and support.



The boys and their sissy before bed


Our little performer


Mommy wore her out grocery shopping!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Johanna said...

So glad you are home, and feeling better. Isn't it the most beautiful thing ever to see the siblings love on their new sister!:) Tahlia was never a "day crier" ..always pleasant...but, has not had even ONE good night sleep...where she slept soundly through the night. I think, for these dear sweeties, their anxieties either come out in the day or night....one way or another, they have to grieve :(....glad Mia is sleeping for you...what a gift!!!! Will continue us to pray!!

DiJo said...

I am with your friend Johanna!!!! What a blessing that she is a sleeper.... We still laugh that we went back two more times after Ruby.... Our nights for over a year were painful!!!! WELCOME HOME!!!! I am VERY impressed that you are feeling human again already!
That's a praise!!!!!!

Enjoy this very special time!

Blessings,
Diana

Paige said...

So glad she is doing well, especially at night!!!! Amen, such a praise!

teenie said...

Hey Amber, This is Christina (Wanda is my Aunt) LOL You might know me as teenie. I found your blog threw Josh and I'm so glad I did! Its so neat to see that your family has grown!! Best Wishes Christina. :)

Jennifer said...

That's so awesome that she's sleeping through the night already, AND that you're beat the jet lag!! That was the hardest part for us! I love that picture of the boys with their sissy. They look so happy and proud:)
Welcome Home!

Debbie Sauer said...

She is so precious and I'm glad that she is doing so well. Those big brothers are going to be so special to her. Blessings