Thursday, January 12, 2012

Isaiah 29:13-16

The Lord says:

"These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men. Therefore once more I will astound these people with wonder upon wonder; the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish. Woe to those who go to great depths to hide their plans from the Lord, who do their work in the darkness and think, "Who sees us? Who will know?" You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "He did not make me"? Can the pot say to the potter, "He knows nothing"?


I have been reading through the old testament and this verse in Isaiah really stood out to me. I had to look at my heart, do I honor God with words or my whole being, with everything inside me do I worship him. Am I one to tell people I will pray for them and don't (only honoring with words). Do I yell at my kids out of anger and turn around and tell them not to get angry with each other. What does my life reflect. It is a good verse for self examination to see where you heart lies and is your work for the Lord, or in vain, selfishness. Do not deny the creator Father God. He created you and loves you sooooo much. He knows the every motive of your heart. He is the potter and we the clay.
Lord I want to love you not just with words, but with my whole being that you created. I want to be consumed with you, so the joy of the Lord overflows to all those around me. Help me to show Joy overflowing to my husband and children, and all who are around me. Help me to stay true to your word and not let it get clouded with what man has added to or taken away from with rules and doctrines. Help me to have your eyes to see and your heart to love those around me.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I can't believe I haven't been to your blog before!! I am so sorry! All 4 of your children are precious!! Please let me know if I can help you in any way as you get closer to travel. SO exciting!!