Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Homeschool Conference

Joe and I had the privledge of attending the Texas Home School Coalition Homeschool Conference. We both had never attended it, and were blown away with all the sweet homeschooling families and their love for their children and homeschooling. We only got to go on Friday, but hopefully next year we will be able to attend all weekend and let the kiddos go to the kids camp they have for them. Hopefully we will have our sweet Mia with us who can stay with mommy and daddy (she can just tote around with us to the different speakers). :) I learned so much and what a renewing time to get as a homeschool parent. We listened to Andrew Pudewa who gave such applicable things for us to do with raising boys and teaching boys and for girls too. Sally Clarkson was very encouraging, this was the first time I had heard her speak and I was blown away. I love that we live in Texas and that we have the oppurtunity to raise our children with a Godly heritage and be together as a family. I love that we can show them the importance of God, and family life. What a wonderful thing to be able to do. This year we are trying My Fathers World Countries and Cultures. We thought this fitting since we are inthe process of adopting from China for the boys to learn about different countries and cultures, and about missionaries to those countries, the science is also tied to the country of origin. Pretty cool !!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I will post some of the things we will be doing throughout the school year on here. We built worm niches and we have some pics and video on that and I will post soon. I hope anyone considering homeschooling would look to scripture and pray and know yes you can do this with your children. So excited for this year. We have already started. We go year round, especially in Texas when it is so hot outside why not stay in and do school. We like to play in the fall and winter. :)

No comments: