Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Honesty

As I sit here today doing my Seeking Him Bible study I am reminded how important honesty and truth our to our Heavenly Father. The bible study is about personal revival in our lives and what we need to do to have this happen. Honesty with God and your Brethren are one of the key points in this.
I sit here today and examine where I am truthfully, and what am I holding back from God (or think I am holding back). Hebrews 4:13 says Nothing in all creation is hidden from his sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Can we hide our sin from God. No way!!!!!! We may think we can or that we have a handle on it, but it is only hindering our walk with our precious Lord Jesus that sacrificially died for our sin.
I also think it hinders our relationships with the Brethren let's look at Ephesians 4:25 Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body.
So as some off my sin has come into light I confess these things to you Father God and my sweet Brethren as we walk on this journey in living a life of righteousness.

Lord and Brethren Please Forgive Me for............................

Being Prideful (when I think my argument is the most biblical/ Lord help me to listen and have a meek and humble spirit)

Being quick to anger (Lord help me be slow to anger) Ephesians 4:26 In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry and do not give the devil a foothold.

Interrupting others ( Lord help me to be slow to listen)

Gossip about others (Lord help me only to speak what is helpful for building up others and not slander) Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths but only what is helpful for building up others according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Harboring bitterness toward others (Lord help me to be forgiving as you are forgiving) Ephesians 4:31-32 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God has forgave you.

Lord, thank you for being a forgiving God and showing me where I fall short of your glory. Help me to live a life that is righteous, where I can be a light to my Children, and Brethren, and Non Believers for your glory only Lord. Not with my strength, but with yours that you may be glorified in all that I do.




No comments: